You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘SVB’ tag.
With production time now at a premium one of the first things cut is preventative maintenance. However, some preventative maintenance only takes minutes. Below we’ve listed a few things that can be done during changeovers or short down times due to up or down stream stoppages to ultimately bring you savings by preventing problems before they happen.
- Remove the front cross jaw beam once a month and clean and inspect it for any signs of wear or trouble spots, then lubricate and re-install. This will make sure that you will have minimal interruptions due to sealing issues
- Make sure that all the lubrication points on the cross jaw housing are serviced with the proper lubricant and given a visual inspection for signs of wear. For example, if you see signs of scoring of the cross jaw housing shafts you should make sure to have replacement seals, bearings, and shafts on hand so that the worn items can be replaced as soon as possible.
- We all know that troubleshooting, repairs and fixes are under a time crunch, however it is important to make sure that changes made to the machine, especially as it relates to the electrical system, are properly documented and wires and components that are added or changed are labeled and identified so as to speed up future troubleshooting. In addition it is also recommended to make sure that all terminal connections are still tight by checking the screw connections as some of these might have become loose due to vibration which makes them prone to poor connection.
- Once a month remove the cover of the SVB 3601 cross jaw housing drive assembly and visually inspect the drive belts, shafts, and bearings. Excessive dust from drive belts would indicate poor alignment or other issues that need to be addressed. Turn the assembly by hand to make sure there are no tight or heavy spots in the mechanism which would indicate underlying mechanical issues. This would also be a good time to take a close look at the linkage arms to make sure that these have not twisted out of alignment.
- Inspect all wiring that moves with each machine cycle on a monthly basis paying close attention to any chafing to the insulation of wires and cables and also frayed wires as these will ultimately result in wire breakage.
For more information on how to keep your Bosch vertical form fill and seal machine running at optimum levels contact us.
In recent years, Bosch Packaging sealing systems have had many great improvements. If you are still running your original set of seal jaws contact your Bosch sales representative or customer service representative for information on the new technologies we can now offer. From the latest in poly weld sealing systems to heat seal laminate, Bosch can offer the newest technologies to improve the efficiency of your machine, meaning less product rework and greater case counts with every run.
We strive to not only increase the efficiency of your machine but to also support your overall business. Because many of you are looking for ways to cut cost and implement better inventory control systems we have developed our newer sealing systems to be stretched across different Bosch machine generations. The common seal jaw parts allow you to stock fewer spares and better transfer technical knowledge across bagging lines within your own organization and with less confusion.
So whether you are looking to double the poly seal weld on your continuous motion Bosch bagger or need our vertical serrated seal jaw for your brown heat seal paper, Bosch Packaging Services will work with you to find the best solution.
Be prepared for this, and other potential issues with your packaging machine with Bosch Packaging Services Preventive Maintenance kits. We have compiled kits with OEM parts and recommended replacement intervals to take the guesswork out of preventive maintenance and eliminate time consuming ordering of individual small parts.* Save not only on shipping costs but also 5% off the price of the individual parts when ordered as a complete kit.
Download the Brochures:
*currently only budgetary pricing is available. For specific pricing for your machines contact your Bosch Packaging Services customer representative with machine serial number and allow for at least a two week lead time.